Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Black Dahlia 11/07/06

I saw this movie a week and a day ago. That means that this review is about a week late. but guess what, I don't really care. That should tell you something about this movie right there.
This movie is a jumble of whatever about some serious graphic shit, like woman getting axed in half, washed up failures of actressing, something about a pedophile, really demented rich people, stuff like that. The plot is really confusing, so much so that when a huge twist came about I wasn't sure if I should care. Scarlett Johannson was all weepy and Josh Hartnett was like all intense but I was like what the fuck was that all about. I'll probably have to see this movie again to understand half of it but I'm not planning on doing that. I like movies that make me think, don't get me wrong. But first of all, they have to make me care. This one didn't and that's why it was more a chore than entertainment. Especially with the unneccessary gratuitous violence. I don't much like seeing woman chopped up. It bothers me even more when the movie doesn't attempt to justify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment